Monday, January 18, 2010

Project Wild at the Zoo

This weekend I attended a great workshop offered at the Jacksonville Zoo. Project Wild is a curriculum workshop that focuses on engaging lessons around animals and the environment. This was one of the most valuable workshops I have been to in years. There were about 20 people there from all over - Nassau County, Duval County, St. Johns County, GA, Tallahassee, and even two people from the Bahamas. We were fortunate enough to sit at the table with Tamika and Portia from the Bahamas.



They both worked for the National Park service there and were ready to learn what they could do to improve and provide education within their parks. Throughout the day we participated in great lessons, got to see some animals, and went through a section of the park making observations.








In May they offer Project Wet which I have already signed up for. I can't wait to go back and see what new and exciting things I can learn and bring back for my students!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story as for me. It would be great to read something more about this topic. Thanx for sharing that information.
Joan Stepsen
Cool geeks

dayle timmons said...

This sounds fascinating! I wish more teachers could have taken advantage!